I really wanted to give this a 5 star review but the product needs improvement. This company is still a "startup" but I wasn't expecting it to still feel like a prototype production.
My experience: ( first two did not impact my rating)
1) received the AEVA without the starter kit. 5 star customer service shipped me the kit right away but still took another week to arrive.
2) I plugged in the AEVA and one of the two lights didn't turn on. It was because whoever assembled it, didn't flip the particular switch to on. 5 star customer service on figuring out the issue for me but again why the inconsistent setup?
3) Design flaw. The AEVA doesn't block the light if you look at it directly from the side. So if you plan to place it where you walk by it often and see into the side of it, it's blinding and you need a different spot for it. This not always possible for someone with a smaller house. I would have not bought this if I had known this. We had to shuffle our furniture around and wasn't ideal.
4) The AEVA quality check isn't great. A lot of hot glue was squeezed out of the sides. I took a knife and cut those off. Not a big deal but I still should not have to do this.
5) Since everything is hot glued together, you can't service it. It looks good but if something breaks or a tube needs to be replaced, how do you get to it if everything is hot glued together! Should be screws in the back. I would hate to throw this out if I can't fix it. Again, this feels like a prototype product.
6) There's a lot of vibration noise from the pump and the water tank and the AEVA. I put some foam to dampen the sound which helps.
7) how the water drops back into the reservoir is not well thought out. At first, water was splashing when it drops back in the reservoir and makes a lot of noise. You have to adjust a piece of foam so that it flows smoothly. Something you'd expect for a home made project. They don't show any pictures of what it looks like in the cabinet for a reason.
8) Just Vertical advertises a mobile app making me think it's a smart device but it's just a reminder/timer app. Doesn't know anything about how much water is in the reservoir to fill up the water.
9) I noticed the dripping of the water was not consistent on both sides of the AEVA. Customer service told me it's normal and that one of the tubes may not be equally aligned on both sides. Because of the hot glued permanent design there is no way for me to see it and adjust it.
Perhaps my expectations were not aligned when I purchased this unit but I wasn't impressed. The "good" part is that the parts in the AEVA look like they can all be purchased at a hardware store and you can replace parts if necessary.
I'm seeing some seeds sprout after a few days so that's good to see. Some are not sprouting yet after 2 weeks. Hope this review is helpful with your decision! If these are your expectations, you'll be happy!